I want to take a moment to share with my RSS readers, significant improvements I’ve made to the blog to improve the user experience on site. I’ve spent so much time focused on content and reaching out to an audience that I neglected proper scripting and clean design.
Everything appears to be fixed.
- Homepage archiving was broken with dozens of articles and pages of content appearing as the page loaded. This caused a significant load time and ridiculously long page. It is now limited to the 10 most recent topics.
- Category links have been moved from a site-search results method to a more friendly page segmentation that allows you to easily access sections of topics.
- You may have noticed my test of Miva InLine links; previously, a bug caused those to appear everywhere on the site. They’ve been limited to the articles.
- Removed a del.icio.us module with which the formatting corrupted the page layout
- Reformatted my search module to better fit in the design. I encourage you to bookmark and use even just the search engine I’ve created as it not only searches seobrien.com but all online marketing content. As a customized search engine your experience should be enhanced in that results are only those from relevant sites (no spam from SEO vendors when you search Search Engine Optimization).
I hope these design enhancements are well met and welcome many of you to visit seobrien.com