I spent a few minutes at True Ventures last night, home to comparison shopping datafeed start-up SingleFeed (of which, from time to time, I’ve encouraged your consideration). That entrepreneurial environment holds tremendous appeal for me due to the passion, innovation, and risk taken by all who endeavor to create and I always enjoy translating offline encounters to online learnings and experience.
You find the some of the brightest minds in the start-up environment and I was fortunate last night to bump in to Om Malik, whom I’ve never had the opportunity to meet but I’m sure you know. True Ventures is supporting his work with GigaOm and NewTeeVee, an online video venture with insight and discussion of related technologies that are change our experience with video.
Due to the experience, I stumbled across KillerStartups, a social directory for internet entrepreneurs and venture capitalists which reviews around 20 startups per day. As one so interested in keeping up with the ever changing environment in which we work, this site is a gold mine of development and innovation to which you can subscribe to a feed of new startups, visit their top 10 list, or vote for your own favorites to give them some support. A few, caught my attention:
- Outbrain – Blog post ratings that can optimize your RSS feeds to prioritize popular content.
- Mvelopes – A fantastic personal finance and budgeting platform that automatically aggregates all of your accounts.
- Swoot – An interesting new way to browse the internet.
- G.ho.st – A virtual computer you can access from anywhere.
- Listio – A web 2.0 directory that has reached to top of my RSS reader so I can make sure to try out every new app.
Nurture those entrepreneurs, they are ushering in the new online experience and often have valuable resources and tools to make your life a little easier. At the very least, it’s a lot of fun being a part of the passion.